Constipation in children is a very annoying situation for not only the child but the parent as well. It is very frustrating to feel like you have to go to the bathroom but not be able to squeeze anything out. It is very embarrassing for a child to deal with this especially if he is at a friends house, at school, field trip, or just sitting at home. Children suffer more with constipation than babies and adults. Constipation in children usually happens when irregular bowel movements happen, the stool becomes hard, and extremely painful. Some of the things you can have your child do to help prevent constipation would be to drink plenty of water and try to get them on a healthy diet, for ex.. Eating fruits and vegetables. Here are some good constipation home remedies for children that I found work really well.
- One of the best remedies for children is to give them a nice warm glass of milk mixed with 2 tbsp of Castor oil, this is a very great way to help with the constipation
- Also if you wanted give them milk with a little bit of honey and that will help loosen them up
- Putting lemon juice in a glass of water and have them drink that about 2 to 3 times a day
- Also try getting your child to get into a good bowel movement routine, after eating have them sit on the bowl for at least 10 to 25 mins, it can be hard to have a child want to do this, but it will be very helpful to them for the constipation
- Boysenberry juice can be a very good natural laxative for the child and help them free up the clog in there system
This information will be a tremendous help for your child to help them through the constipation issue. If you try these and they seem to not be to effective for your child then I would recommend that you consult a medical professional immediately.