Here are some Constipation Home Remedies for Pregnant Women. Being a pregnant woman can be difficult enough, so having to deal with constipation can be very frustrating and painful. So I am going to list a few different home remedy options you can try that will help make the bowels move much easier and also relieve some of that excruciating pain that you are dealing with.
- First thing you can try doing is laughing: I know it sounds ridiculous but it can work. It can help with the pain by kind of like giving the intestines a gentle massage, and helps with digestion and helps to alleviate stress.
- Drink plenty of liquids: your main goal is to soften the stool. So you should try to drink 8 glasses of water per day. Any type of liquid would suffice, but Water always remains to be your best option
- Dieting: You want to try to eat as much fiber in your diet as possible. The average fiber you should have in your diet is around 25-30 grams, and if you are constipated you should try to consume at least 30 grams or more per day. This will help with constipation by making you have the urge to go to the bathroom and move your bowels.
- Developing Good Bowel Habits: Anytime you might feel the urge to move your bowels go ahead and sit down on the bowl and try to move them. Also even when you don’t feel the urge, for ex: When you finish eating something and drinking a lot of fluids, try sitting on the bowl for at least 5 or so mins and see if anything comes out. After while you will start to notice a routine build up and you will start to go more frequently.
- Exercise: I know being pregnant and trying to exercise can be a little bit difficult, but maybe go for a brisk walk or a light jog. This will not only benefit you and the baby physically and Mentally, but will also help your digestive system. It can help your bowels move much easier and help you start to go regularly.
- Stress: Being pregnant can be very stressful for you. Stress can cause you to become constipated as well. Try doing yoga, breathing activities or just setting some time aside for you to relax can help.
- Drinking Aloe Vera Juice: There are plenty of fluids to drink as I mentioned earlier, water being the best. But a good home remedy is drinking some aloe Vera juice to help clean out your whole digestive system
- Teas: There are plenty of teas out there but one that seems to help the most with constipation is Ginger Tea. Ginger tea can be very beneficial to jump start your bowel movements, also there is a product called Verba mate which can be purchased in the tea form, which also can be beneficial for your constipation.
All of these Great Home Remedies for Constipation can be very helpful in relieving pain and discomfort, and helping you move your bowels more freely and by doing it the natural way. However if you feel they are not working please do not hesitate to contact or seek medical help immediately.